Saturday, May 30, 2009

Aboriginal Heritage Day and Quamichan Middle School

By Inez Jasper

May 29 2009, North Cowichan, BC

My trip to Duncan was AMAZING! My day started bright and early as we headed into Vancouver to take a plane ride over to Vancouver Island. It was a beautiful day so the morning flight was breathtaking as we took off from the Vancouver waterfront. I was warmly greeted by four ambassadors fro the Quamichan Middle School. They helped me to set up my table and posted a large sign with my name and title as a 2008 National Aboriginal Role Model.

I presented to the entire school with my powerpoint presentation to wrap up their Aboriginal Heritage Day activities. Before I left, I sang a sogn and signed posters and trading cards for the students. As we drove to the habour airport in Nanimo, I felt energized and excited by the students response to the presentation. Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment