Thursday, November 19, 2009

National Addictions Awareness Week

By Damian Abrahams

November 18 2009, New Aiyansh, BC

This visit was the best visit so far! Although it was tiring getting to the community it was worth it! My first presentation was when I arrived in their territory, they brought me out to their land and introduced me to their nation as they were having a Nisga'a nation picnic so most of their people were there. I was able to say a few words and sing a couple of songs. I found it amazing that I was not the only role model they had, every year they select one of their own as a role mode, they usually select an Elder from the community.

After the speeches and the amazing feast they had traditional songs and dances which they invited me to be a part of.

I was humbled to be welcomed into such an amazing community and I hope to return again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment