Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ouje-Bougoumou Graduation - Magic of the Future

By Heather Watts

June 15 2009 Ouje-Bougoumou, QC

Visiting Ouje-Bougoumou was an experience I will not forget. I was greeted and welcomed into the community by so many warm smiles. This community is very small compared to my own and I admired the sense of inter-connectedness between all of the people. Everyone seemed to know everyone and they all came together to put on an amazing graduation for the Grade 6 students at Waapihtiiwewan School. The gym was decorated so beautifully and all of the graduates looked awesome! I felt so great delivering my speech and I even had the pleasure of sitting with the Chief of Ouje-Bougoumou during the graduation. It really amazed me how well the community worked together to put on a memorable event for the Grade 6 students. I truly admire this community and I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet same very inspirational people.

Nya:wen!
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment