Friday, May 14, 2010

Word of Rememberance from Fellow Role Models

"My dear friend Chantelle was a true inspiration to our people. She was a young mother, daughter, and grandchild who had unfaltering faith in our Creator. Chantelle was a true Role Model to all who had the honour of meeting her and I am grateful to have had her in my life. Chantelle’s dream was to visit and speak to young Aboriginal people across Canada to promote the Canadian Blood Services-One Match Registry in hopes of saving the lives of those who need blood, stem cell and bone marrow transplants.

I challenge all of our youth to promote the cause so Chantelle’s Promise will live on. Only 1% of the 220,000 people on the registry are of Aboriginal descent and it’s usually someone from your own ethnic background who can donate—had more of our people registered, Chantelle may have found her match. I promise to help keep her legacy alive and I hope you do to."

Ekosani, Shaneen Robinson (2008 Role Model, Winnipeg, MB)

“I've been fortunate enough to meet Chantelle. My few moments with her inspired me to appreciate life's simplicity. A walk down the street, a breath of fresh air, a moment with a loved one. These are the things she fought for. I'm so grateful to have crossed paths with Chantelle.”

Damian Abrahams (2009 Role Model, Edmonton, AB)

No comments:

Post a Comment