Tuesday, March 3, 2009

“Footprints Towards the Future” – Aboriginal Spring Career Fair:

by Suzette Amaya

March 3, 2009. Campbell River, BC

Aaawww… Campbell River, such a beautiful community, just a hop skip and jump to my home town in Port Hardy, I was so honoured to be able to come to speak to youth that are apart of the Kwa Kwala speaking People and share my personal story with those I have so much in common with, growing up in the North Island!

This conference was so well organized and I was so happy to see such a great attendance ;) I was so in Aaawww as the audience was captivated and attentive when I spoke that I felt so grateful to be able to be apart of a conference that had so much to offer. I was supa cool to be able to share my experience a one of the National Role Models and sign posters, take photos etc. that I HOPE and ENCOURAGE this Campbell River to nominate a Role Model out of one of their own, cause I can totally sense that there are definitely healthy and positive youth there are future leaders!

Thanks to the guyz who interviewed and filmed me during my presentation, it was so wonderful to see aspiring youth in Media, which is my absolute FAV niche in the Journey towards Aboriginal Peoples sharing their contemporary stories! Thanks Guyz! HUGZ!

Waws also awesome to be introduced by an o’l friend Dale Hunt whom I went to High School with in Port Hardy ayayayay!!! ;) He is DEF a Role Model as well! Thank you Freda for being such a wonderful Host and all the Ladies who were so kind to me and inspire me with their dedication to the community and the youth! Lotsa HUGZ to all of you and DEF be seeing you in the future! Halakasla and Gilakasla!

No comments:

Post a Comment