Monday, November 17, 2008

Kick-off to Manitoba Addictions Awareness Week

by Carissa Copenace

November 17, 2008 in Winnipeg, MB (Children of the Earth High School)

This visit was a lot of fun for me, especially since Shaneen was there and we both knew some of the people who we were presenting to.

The students of Children of the Earth High School were very respectful and asked plenty of questions after our presentations. After the question period about half of them approached us to share their own stories or ask another question.

I enjoyed working with Shaneen and it was a good opportunity for both of us to make further connections in the community where we live.I enjoyed working with people who I consider to be like my second set of parents, Patty and Colin Mousseau and all of the staff were very welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment