Saturday, November 8, 2008

School and Community Assembly

by Jenna Kilabuk
November 5-7, 2008 at the Attaguttaaluk High School in Igloolik, NU




I enjoyed my visit to Igloolik, met many wonderful and welcoming students, teachers and community members.

The students are very strong and using the 10 principles.

The presentations were great. I got the chance to meet and encourage other youth to stay healthy and to try their best to love life. Some of my duties were classroom presentations, badminton and volleyball demonstrations, host a radio show and speak at a school assembly.

During the radio show, some people got emotional when I spoke about how I kept myself away from drugs and alcohol, throughout the years. That is why I play sports.

I had the change to meet Atarnaqjuat, who is a famous Inuk actor.

For more information on Healthy Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment