Saturday, October 10, 2009

Community Visit to Little Buffalo, Cadotte Lake, AB

By Damian Abrahams

November 8, 2009 Little Buffalo, Cadotte Lake, AB


My trip to Little Buffalo was disheartening, knowing the conditions the youth live in made me try extra hard to reach them. I can only hope that I got through. I applaud Bryan for all that he is doing there!

I did enjoy that my name was up on their announcement board outside the school! As for the presentations, I feel they went well. I had to dilute my story for the little ones who were all so cute! A couple little girls reminded me of my baby girl.

The presentation for the older youth, though, was more detailed and the speech after was to inspire them to reach for more than they think they can get. Little Buffalo doesn't make for a good place to live for youth I was told. So I told them that when they graduate high school, they ought to look into university and that that's what I did and I was where they are when I was growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment